Take a month to get to know God more intimately

Day 14 - Songwriting

Quality songwriting is a dying art in church these days - especially songs that convey scripture to us creatively and memorably. You may or may not know this song, but it's packed full of bible refs. How many can you find?

All I once held dear, built my life upon,
All this world reveres and wars to own;
All I once thought gain I have counted loss,
Spent and worthless now compared to this.

Knowing You, Jesus, knowing You
There is no greater thing.
You're my all, You're the best,
You're my joy, my righteousness,
And I love You Lord.

Now my heart's desire is to know You more,
To be found in You and know as Yours,
To possess by faith what I could not earn
All surpassing gift of righteousness

Oh to know the power of Your risen life,
And to know You in Your sufferings;
To become like You in Your death, my Lord,
So with You to live and never die.

©1993 Graham Kendrick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home